Monday 17 May 2010

Future Prospects........A look Back

Having taken a step back from this project over the last week I have had a fresh look at what i have learned through this experience.

When I started looking for idea for this project I shortlisted a few possibilities in my mind and began to research them in terms of available material to see if there was an interest in them. These were both re-enactment and heritage crafts. From this I chose heritage crafts because of the wealth of material and current interest available. This was then followed by more intense research into the current state of crafts. This process has been beneficial in furthering researching skills as it has made me look not just at any online resource but official documents from organizations involved with the subject.

But this research has also looked into OFCOM broadcast codes which are industry standards. For a Career in the media industry, to understand these codes is vital but also putting them into practice is vital as well. I now have a grasp of the codes and understand where they are applied, how to find them, and how the little details in them apply.

Another area of improvement is my ability to understand data. Whilst looking into viewing figures I found large quantities of data that had been correlated into graphs and charts. The ability to extract the data needed from these sources has proved vital and will be a useful skill for further employability.

The skills produced from this project will help with future employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment